[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> In that price range, go for a Yamaha, Seagull, or Washburn.

Ooh.  Thanks!  I had completely forgot about Washburn.  Is Seagull the
same company making TLRs?

> Determining exactly which sound will fit your tastes best will require
> putting up with the guitar-shop jerks...

There are lots of guitar shops around, and finding a good one is harder
than finding a good camera shop.

> I forget who makes 'em with a satin finish on the back of the neck
> instead of the customary glossy -- I think it's Seagull but I'm not
> sure.  If that's a feature you'd like (it does feel nice), you'll
> want to look that up.

I do like a satin finish.  I'll look that up.  Thanks, Glenn.

--
Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com/fivetoedsloth/