On 08/01/08, cbwaters, discombobulated, unleashed:

> The "Buy American" idea
>was intended to keep American workers employed, right?

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

To name a few in this country - Land Rover, Honda, BMW-Mini - all built
by Brits. We gave up owning our own car industry after we destroyed it
in through 1970s with petty disputes. We know how to design and build
cars, but we don't know how to treat our employees well so that they do
a good job. We paid the price.

--

Cheers,
  Cotty