Brendan MacRae wrote:

>What law is it that I need to check? If you own the
>rights to a company logo you have a legal claim on how
>it is displayed and by whom. This doesn't apply to
>newspapers and television images, however.

ah, but nonetheless, I've been told my a back-stage guy in the industry that
when programs are shooting  say a scene in a store for, say, Law and Order
the post-processing people are busy blurring out the names of products
on shelves
if the original shots were too sharp.

I had to pull several of my designs off of cafepress because I used
tiles that
are used in scrabble and used the key word Scrabble to get people there
The tiles were not made by Hasbro, they were made by  a player who was
fully
licensed to make them and whose product I was advertising  - in
otherwords, I
had his permission.  Several of my designs were blocked by cafepress
because of fear of
Hasbro who continuallly go after the little people .  Of course, none of
the designs say
Scrabble on them.

Anothe firend got her design blocked by cafepress because she had the
image of a
perfume bottle that said "CHALLENGE No. 5 on it.  Her own drawing.  and
a line
about how one drop would keep your op from challenging your word.
Cafepress nixed
it because of Chanel.

Glad someone pointed out the stuff about buildings... I still want to do
a calendar about
bus travel  that would include photos of Greyhound bus stations ... but
I've been dragging
my feet on it partly out of not wanting to get pounced on by them.

ann