That is correct.  They are strictly off limits.  You cannot use someone
else's trade mark, and in the case of a stock photo containing jewelry
there is more than a little chance that a Jewelry Store  purchasing it
for advertising, and not being a Tiffany distributor. might run afoul of
that.  However that is a very different case than the one that Ford's
ham handed legal department is creating.  You can make and sell
photographs of  trademarked items clearly showing the trademark  as long
as you don't claim the trademark as your own.