----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Stenquist"
Subject: Re: ARRRRGH! K10 D and 540 flash inseparable.

> Thanks Bob.
> Can you tell if there's any way to even touch the pin when the flash
> is on the camera? I can't see it.

You could try a feeler guage, but I'd hate to think of the consequences for
the camera if the flash discharges through the feeler guage into the camera
circuitry. I also don't think it would help. It looks like they designed the
flash to have the pin retracted via the lock collar lifting the external
pin. If the pin isn't present, then the mechanism has probably managed to
break itself inside the flash.

William Robb