On 2/6/08, William Robb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

Primaries are the equivalent of our party nomination meetings, but
without the parachute candidates. That's how the candidates for the
general election are picked by each party. Remember, the President is
just another candidate, but one picked by all party members via the
state primaries rather than by winning a leadership contest (Although,
the presidential primaries happen less often than Liberal Leadership
races these days)

M. Adam Maas
http://www.mawz.ca
Explorations of the City Around Us.