Voting only makes the system work if you know what you are voting for.
If you don't pay a attention you're not doing any good and may in fact
be doing positive harm.

I think Half of the primary voters, (and some of the candidates),
haven't a clue about what the process is about. I'd say about half the
support for each comes from total irreverencies,

Obama gets support because he's acceptably black, Hillary because she's
a woman, McKane because he's a war hero, Huckaby because he's an
evangelical minister, Romney because he's movie star, (think Pat Boone),
handsome.

Maybe a quarter of their support comes because they don't have somebody
else's baggage,.

Hillery's a woman /and/ Bill's wife, Obama might be secretly a Moslem,
oh yes and you might have noticed he’s black, (I wish that last weren’t
true but you’d have to be a fool not to realize it). McKane is in favor
of the War in Iraq, Huckaby is an evangelical minister, (hey for most of
these people it works both ways), Romney's a, oh God no, a /Morman/.

Exit polls bear this out general cluelessness . Just for example I mean,
really, in what universe could you vote for McKane or Hillery based on
their economic acumen. They both have the same understanding of
economics that my dog has of tensor calculus, (don’t think I’m picking
on these two, most of the candidates have that level of expertise).
McKane even admits it, and it’s so obvious in Hillary’s case that even
the totally clueless should realize it. Yet exit polling has a number of
people giving them both high marks on the economy.

Every single one of these candidates at one time or another, some more
often others, have made promises that are not only, not functions of the
office they are running for, but in fact are specially prohibited by the
constitution. That alone should disqualify them from holding hight
office. I find myself in total disgust most of the time. People should
be voting for the good of the country, or failing that in their own and
their children’s best interests. In most cases they are voting with out
even considering the good of the country or knowing if a particular
candidate is in those interests in mind, because they don’t actually pay
attention until they get to the voting booth and then it’s too late.

--
I am personally a member of the Cream of the Illuminati.
A union with the Bavarian Illuminati is contemplated.