Thiboiulle

Thanks for this. I've put on my special VDU focal length glasses and
blown up the images a bit on my 24" monitor. So that they just fit on
the screen. Here are my completely unscientific conclusions.

C*n** 40D. Rubbish, does not resolve the detail on the flower on the
shoulder even at low ISO.

Sony, surprisingly good maybe 1-2 stops worse than the Pentax but the
noise looks different

Nikon D300. Surprisingly poor. Around 2 stops worse than the Pentax.
Useless above ISO800. It costs how much??!

Nikon D3 What a marketing con. ISO 25000 looks unusable. Obviously
dreamt up by the same marketing team who gave us burst mode in the
K20D. Detail is one to two stops better than the K20D. Must be why it
is two to three times more expensive!!

Would have been nice to see the K10D and a Canon full frame to
complete the picture. However I'll be sticking to my K10D and the 67II
for the time being

Many thanks

Peter