On 2/8/08, Peter Fairweather <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Christian
> The Canon appears to be with the 17-85 lens at f/8. I can't find
> anywhere particularly sharp. Poor control as you suggest. Also colour
> fringing between black and white lines in the photo, could also be
> lens related
>
> Adam
> Be interesting to see your Nikon picture in colour. What passes for
> atmosphere in BandW can look just plain wrong in colour.
>
> Peter

It looks about as good. Almost all the noise from the D300 is
luminance noise, not colour noise, at least with NR on. And almost no
loss of detail (unlike the A700). I'll have to dig around and post one
of the JPEG's (I was shooting RAW+JPEG on a friends D300, lens was the
Tamron 17-50 wide open)

--
M. Adam Maas
http://www.mawz.ca