Quoting Bob Sullivan, who wrote on Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 10:30:46AM -0600 ..
> Wilko,
> Thanks for the correction.
> I didn't see many 35mm lenses there...

Schneider is quite big in MF lenses, and they are also engaged in lenses
optimised for digital capture.  I think (could be wrong) that the new
MF Rollei uses Schneider optics.

35mm lenses...  well, everybody is into plastic stuff assembled in Vietnam
(or wherever labor costs are minimal today).  Not something Schneider fits well
into.

Hmm... I just love the classical lenses with aluminium & brass construction.
The good old Takumars & M lenses I just like better.  Or my Zeiss
lenses for the Hasselblad.  Ah well... dinosaur maybe? :-P

cheers,
Wilko

--- end of quoted text ---

--