----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Fairweather"
Subject: Re: next week's news

>> Okay, let's get this straight:
>> >
>> But Samsung do seem increasingly to be trying to distance themselves
>> from Pentax, at least for public consumption.
>>

> Joe
>
> I agree. So why would a company with a very limited background in this
> field be trying to distance thenselves from Pentax?
>
> Do they know something we don't?

It's marketing. Samsung will do what Pentax won't do, which is out their
cameras into big box
stores, where they have brand recognition due to other electronics that they
make. To do this
successfully, they have to be seen as a real camera brand, not as a shadow of a
small player.

William Robb
William Robb