> What *did* bother me was the control layout of the MZ-S. I *loved* the
> overall ergonomics, but missed the dual-control-wheel setup of the PZ-1p
> (and ist-D and K10d). If the MZ-S had that control setup I *never* would
> have sold it. Ever. It would have been my "film camera to keep forever".

Funny you should mention the MZ-S. It took me FOREVER to sell it even
though I knew I had no further use for it. I just loved the ergonomics of
it that much. More to the point, as I was shooting today at the zoo with
the K10D tripod mounted just a few inches above eye level, I was reminded
once again of how totally cool the slanted top panel of the MZ-S was in
such situations. It allowed me to read the settings and keep track of
changes very easily from different angles of view.  Plus it just looked
neat :o) That seemed like such a slick *and* practical design. I haven't a
clue why it never transferred to future camera designs.