rg2,

Once upon a time, this list did a lot of talking about equipment and
good natured ribbing of one another and big flame wars with the usual
juvenile attitudes.  This was all before digital photos and when it
cost us $2-$5 per picture to get anything scanned.  Posting your
photos was an expensive, time consuming thing and you picked your best
shots for the PUG.

I will say that we have evolved/devolved a lot with the introduction of digital.
Like Rick, I like seeing what other people are shooting for
inspiration and ideas.
I also like to see what is happening in our collective lives - like
your daughter's portrait in this month's PUG.
It helps me build a sense of community and connection to all of you.

It is also a devolution of sorts.  How do I put this tactfully?
Sometimes I feel people are just dumping their shots onto the list and
seeing if anybody else thinks they are something special.  I wish they
did a bit more editing before showing.

My strategy, with the help of gmail threaded messages, is to just
delete a lot of PESO's.  When 2 or 3 other people I trust start raving
about the photos, I'll stop and take a look - maybe even contribute a
comment.

My other strategy is to watch new people who are developing.  I like
to encourage new folks when I can and let them know their efforts are
paying off.  We are a group with varying levels of experience, and
I've certainly benefited from what I've learned here.  I would like to
offer that same hand up to others.

So do some editing of your own.
You don't need to look at every photo - others will point to the good ones.
You don't need to comment on every photo you look at - if you just
saying 'Me Too', maybe it's not necessary.
Save your critiques for those who need or deserve the commentary.

Regards,  Bob S.