Hate to be a deviant but...

If size was an issue, then I'd take my FA 20-35mm f4 zoom lens. This by
far has been my most used lens over the past 12 months (probably an 3-to-1
ratio with all others combined). At the end of the day, philisophical
debates aside, the quality of this lens is reasonable enough that I'd
prefer the flexibility over the improved optics of a prime.

Disclaimer:
I've only got 4 primes: 50, 100, 300, & 400 mm.