How about ZZTop in concert from the second row, or Motorhead inside a
suburban pub.  Mere jet aeroplanes pale into insignificance.

But seriously, what most impressed me about Concorde was that it could cross
the Atlantic at supersonic speed with its afterburners lit the whole time.
Its military contemporaries could only go mach+ for short squirts lest they
used up their fuel within minutes.  SR71 is the obvious exception by the
virtue of running on voodoo juice and having very trick intakes.

Regards,
Anthony Farr