F22 is more than 3 decades advanced over Concorde, which I was praising
against its contemporaries.  Even the B1B is a decade more advanced.

Actually the concept of supercruise is more contentious than I had believed.
It turns out that a lot of older craft, including Concorde, could
supercruise, but whether they did in practice isn't so clear.  There seems
to be a lot of historical revisionism at work, with claims and counterclaims
at Wikipedia earning this discussion the label of a "dick swinging contest"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Supercruise

FWIW documentaries I'd seen and books I'd read before today told me that
Concorde cruised supersonic with afterburners.  Wikipedia tells me that it
went through transonic speeds with afterburners, then settled into
supercruise at about mach 2.  That's news to me, and surprising that such an
astounding attribute, which is hyped so much for the F22, could have gone
largely unheralded for almost 3 decades of Concorde service.  The
explanation could be in this quote from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Supercruise,
".... Concorde had enough thrust to go supersonic without reheat, but it
took ages to push through the hi-drag transonic regime. Since drag is bad,
you're just pissing away fuel. Net upshot was, Concorde used more fuel
avoiding reheat, than with it, for distance over the ground, so they always
used reheat in practice."

I'll let the argument go at this point, as I'm already out of my depth.

As for Motorhead and ZZTop,  I was being hyperbolic.  Of course the jets are
louder.  But jets don't stay in one place for 90 to 120 minutes plus 3
encores, relentlessly assailing your eardrums while you willingly submit to
it.

Regards,
Anthony Farr