----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Maas"
Subject: Re: Should I care about film?

> No, like all AF bodies it's battery dependant (As is the F100 I
> compare it too). If you're looking for a body that can function
> without batteries, the equally pricey LX is the most desirable (and is
> priced similarly against the Nikon F3 as the MZ-S is to the F100. The
> LX is much closer in performance to the F3 than the MZ-S is to the
> F100 though, in fact the F3 and LX are pretty much identical in
> capabilities, with the LX having slightly better metering and the F3
> having a faster MD).

The really nice thing about the LX over the F3 is that when your batteries die,
with the F3 you
get one shutter speed (X-Sync), with the LX you get from X-Sync to 1/2000
second.
I much prefer the LX viewfinder as well. I hated the F3 viewfinder. It was one
of the reasons I
switched from my F3 based Nikon system to an LX based Pentax system.
I had the HP finder, not the regular one, I don't know if that would make a
difference or not,
but when I bought the F3HP, it was touted as the be all and end all for glasses
wearers, and
Nikon Canada wasn't brining in anything but F3HPs at the time.

William Robb