Mafud wrote:

> OK, besides me, how many PDML members shoot full manual flash (anytime)?

        Me, I confess, Yes - I am guilty of such despicable acts   :^)

        I set the aperture by the distance scale, even if there is
        an auto-thyrister function, because I want the flash level
        at the *subject distance*, not the bounce-back measured from
        some other distance according to the sensor.

        I have just acquired an AF280T, but I still judge the distance
        and set aperture accordingly and like the flash's ability to
        quench itself early if my distance estimate is off.

        Bill