Jaume Lahuerta wrote:
>>> BTW, Paul, this link is an example of why it is worth looking
>>>
> occasionally at dpreview, despite the admitted annoyances of that site.
> News such as this shows up much earlier there than it does here.
>
> Today I was just thinking that this list has somehow shifted its focus since
> the digital era took over.
> Before there were few places to talk about Pentax equipment, so this was a
> main topic. But the digital brought also more 'competitors' and people here
> seems a bot bored of too technical (and lots of times closer to computers
> rather than photography)  so this kind of threads are not as popular anymore.
> So we find much more PESOs, GMFs, OTs, so the list is more about people
> talking on photography and showing what they do, that normally own (or used
> to) Pentax equipment.
>
> No more bloody fights (except when the magic words arise: 'aperture
> simulator') but also no more guru's anticipating future developments...that's
> why people has to look elsewhere to find it and, eventually, report it here
> in case someone is still interested.
>
> Regards,
> Jaume

Hi Jaume,

As much as I like to fondle gear myself, I find those to bleat on about
equipment shortcomings tend to be those who have the least to say
photographically. As Rod Serling would say, case in point...

http://ricehigh.blogspot.com/2008_01_01_archive.html
(his only non-test chart photos posted on the web, AFAICS)

Equipment news is tomorrow's recycling. Photographic insight is timeless

Derby

--

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc