Sunday, December 02, 2001, 2:03:22 AM, Richard wrote:
RS> Artur,

RS>     I think it is a problem if the camera shoots at, say, 1/30th, because at
RS> that speed the ambient light will affect the final photo, almost regardless
RS> of what aperture I set.  It's quite possible to have a situation where there
[...]
RS> Richard.

Hah, Richard, If only I had your problems... I am always complaining
of inability to do well-balanced flash+ambient shots. But I hate
full-flash shots, I think they are just ugly, always.

That's a nice example of YMMV... I would consider a 1/30 flash synch
speed TOO FAST... I synch usually at 1/15 - 1/8 with 28mm or 20mm lenses, to
get as much ambient as possible in background while freezing the
foreground. Otherwise, background would be too dark.

Good light,
   Frantisek Vlcek