> You may find jogging more efficient than cycling.

As far as loosing weight you're absolutely right!

Do this for several years & you might be eligible for a couple of new knees!

I speak from experience - at the ripe age of 40 I started jogging. got the
best shoe I could find and got up to regularily running 5 to 7 miles
numerous times a week at a 9 to 10 minute/mile.. I ran on asphalt streets &
a padded indoor track. It help me control my weight & let me eat without
gaining.

After 10 years of this my knees started to give out, some pain & stiffness,
ortho scopic surgery helped but eventually I had to stop jogging and went to
my bike. A lot easier on my body but I have to spend a lot more time on a
bike to get the same workout I got jogging.

Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f