On Jun 27, 2008, at 9:00 AM, William Robb wrote:

>> I have a rule regards my photo files: if I don't have the original
>> and
>> two copies on separate media, the file doesn't exist.
>
> This is why I went to a mirrored RAID for my file storage. As soon
> as I save the file to my
> Drive E, I have one level of redundancy.
> After I save it to my external box, I have 3 levels of redundant
> back-up.
> This makes me happy.

I was using two 500G standalone drives, twins with data copied from
the working drive. But I filled them recently ... Now I've got two 2T
RAID 0 drives, being backed up the same way. I considered configuring
as a RAID 1, so they'd be doubly redundant. I now have three copies
of the data most of the time: on the working drive, and one copy on
each of the backups.

> The Drobo is doing quite well for me, though I haven't had a drive
> failure yet, so I haven't had
> to test it.

Seems a darn good unit, based on the comments I've been hearing. Keep
us informed as to how you find it over time.

Godfrey