With the greatest of respect, I didn't take Albano's comments as "anti-American"
at all.  I happen to disagree with him and his "stars and stripes" comment,
being as the equinox happened 1 1/2 weeks after Sept 11 - I think the number of
"patriotic" images was to be expected, and quite appropriate under the
circumstances.

But, why do you think he was "anti-American"?

This is the first attack by a non-American on mainland US soil since the war of
1812.  You hope Italy never has to deal with it?  Remember WWII?  I seem to
recall from history class that it was fought there, so I think that Italians
know what it's like to have their towns and villages destroyed.  My guess is
that most Italians on this list have parents and/or grandparents that were alive
during the War.  And Italy isn't "neutral".  It's a member of NATO, the last
time I looked.

The Scandinavian countries (Norway and Denmark at least - I'm not sure about
Sweden, but I'm sure someone can enlighten us) were invaded by Germany in WWII,
and both had a very active resistance, blowing up military installations and the
like.

In point of fact, Canada and the US have, compared to the rest of the world, NOT
had to deal with war on our soil in the last century and a half.  Virtually
every other country has.

regards,
frank

--
"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist
fears it is true." -J. Robert