On Wed, 5 Dec 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 12/5/01 11:19:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> > Please make sure that you're better
> > informed and more up-to-date before you embarrass yourself in arguments
> > that you evidently know little about.  I am no more obligated to buy an
> > inkjet printer and paper to see my digital prints than you are to buy a
> > good minilab to see your film ones.  We can *both* get a lab to make
> > prints for us, and we'd pay the exact same price in many places.  What's
> > so hard to understand about that?  The great thing about digital is that,
> > IF YOU CHOOSE, you can set up a home printing workstation for *much* less
> > money than a good C-41 minilab would cost.  But that's optional, not
> > required.

> You are so assured that what fits your isolated situation and location is the
> norm, when I assure you your situation is ~not~ the benchmark for pricing or
> ease of procuring prints.
>
> Mafud

I never said that my situation is the norm; that is an assumption on your
part.  What I said was that in "many" places the prices are the same.  If
you want to attack overly-general statements, you might want to start with
your statement about making prints from digital files: "the expense is
outrageously unreasonable for just a few prints."  In response to that, I
could easily quote your above post to me... that you are making the
assumption that what fits your isolated situation and location is the
norm.

To be honest, I don't care what the norm is or isn't.  I just wanted to
qualify your over-general condemnation of "outrageously
unreasonable" prices for digital prints, and to show you that there are
places around where this is not true.

How much do you pay for, say, a 4x6 and 8x10 from a digital file, as
compared to one from film?  I'm curious now.

chris