Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

<snip>

> my camera brief ... Summarizing:
>
> - not an SLR ... optical-electronic interface RF with AF option
> - use the 4/3 10Mpixel sensor and SSWF cleaning system
> - form factor target: the overall size and shape of a Leica CL
> - use a short register to allow for more compact lenses and Leica M-
> bayonet lens adaptability
> - simple control layout similar to L1
> - high quality, weatherproof build like E-1, E-3 etc
> - fully dedicated hot shoe flash
> - standard small clip-on, bounce-capable flash to keep compact
> - high quality in-camera optical tunnel viewfinder for a dedicated set
> of fully compatible, fast, compact prime lenses (eg: 12/2.8, 19/2,
> 25/1.4, 35/2, 50/2)
> - 100% dedicated compatibility with all existing 4/3 DSLR lenses using
> full function adapter (use EVF/LCD for precision framing/focusing with
> zooms)
> - compatibility with M-bayonet lenses through adapter with mechanical/
> electronic coupling for RF focusing; clip on optical viewfinders and
> EVF/LCD functional too

If they build one of those I'll knock you down to get ahead of you in
the line to buy one ;-)

Seriously, with DSLR's moving inexorably toward full-frame 35mm format,
I think the Four-Thirds system is looking for a long-term reason for
being (let's skip the debate over the pros and cons of full-frame and if
anyone "needs" it -- its desirability is entrenched in public perception
isn't going to change). This (Micro Four Thirds) could be it. If they
have the smarts to build the "Godfrey Cam" it would be brilliant.