Choice is good.  More choice is better.  My early years in photography were
a time of many brands and many technical approaches.  Recent years have seen
a narrowing of these choices and I applaud any manufacturer who gives us
variety.  Foveon should be a choice that we can widely use, but a single
brand stranglehold is killing it.

This micro 4/3 concept could or should be the new  interchangeable lens
rangefinder.  I'd look forward to some fast wide lenses, and some superfast
standards.  Lens speed for stills cameras has been stalled for decades,
AFAIK Canon's 50(ish)/0.95 from the sixties is still the speed king.  4/3
mount SLRs require retrofocus design for their standard 25mm lenses which
makes superfast lenses either too difficult or too pricey, but with a
shorter register (I presume) the way would be open for this category to
return.  Yippee.

Regards, Anthony Farr