The 'rating factors' are Picture Quality, Performance, Operation, and
Appearance. Presumably J D Power (if not them, then who?) decided that
these were the key factors on which to rate cameras and question
consumers, so J D Power thinks rating DSLRs on their appearance is
significant. QED.

Bob

http://www.jdpower.com/electronics/ratings/digital-camera-ratings/dslr