Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2008, at 1:16 PM, Mark Roberts wrote:
>
>> Is there any software that can put a visible watermark on photos from
>> EXIF data? What I'm thinking of is something like the old data
>> imprinting on film cameras that would put the time and date onto
>> each of your photos. It needs to be automated and batch-capable for
>> my purposes.
>
> Lightroom 2 can output JPEGs from the Print module with whatever
> metadata you select extracted as picture info embedded along the
> bottom of the image, although not as a watermark. It can also embed a
> watermark into the image as well.

Ah, close but no Guitar. I need the date to be *on* the image (both in
print form and the file). It seems IrfanView will come close: It will
add a date watermark (quite customizable) to a batch of files. But it
uses the current date rather the date from the EXIF of each photo.

I have been asked to bid on a government job and one of the requirements
is that the camera visibly put the date of each shot in the photo. Are
there any DSLR's that do that? The K20D doesn't!