On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 6:39 PM, David J Brooks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 6:08 PM, Godfrey DiGiorgi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> But if you like NX2 and it works for you, your life is good. :-)
>
> I'm stilled PO'd at Nikon for charging for the program. I would have
> thought after buying several plus 5K cameras, they would toss that in.
>
> Maybe they do now, not sure.
>
> Dave

They did for the D3/D300 launch, which is how I got my copy, I would
have stayed with Capture One 4 otherwise (which is what I switched to
after comparing it to LR 1.4.1 with the K10D)

Having used NX extensively for the last 7 months, I understand Nikon's
take on it, it's not just a RAW converter like Canon's DPP or Pentax
Photo Lab, but a full-on editing environment that can almost replace
PS for a photographer. However Nikon should either release a pure RAW
converter and bundle it for free or bit the bullet on the higher-end
bodies and include NX2 in the bundle.

-Adam