On Sep 18, 2008, at 1:37 PM, Adam Maas wrote:

> NX2 is both a dedicated RAW converter for Nikon users and a
> non-destructive JPEG and TIFF editor. It's not something I'd recommend
> unless you primarily use Nikons, but if you do its quite capable of
> functioning as a primary editor after the conversion stage for any
> other files. And its selective editing capabilities are far beyond
> LR2's.

> ...I can't compare to LR2 as I don't have enough experience with the
> latter...

If you're not particularly familiar with LR2 as you stated, how can
you assert that? And if it can't do everything that Photoshop can do,
why would one have both? Unless you were dealing with Nikon RAW files
specifically, of course. I do occasionally need Photoshop for some
kinds of work that I haven't seen *any* other software do efficiently.

But if you like NX2 and it works for you, your life is good. :-)