----- Original Message -----
From: Juan J. Buhler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2001 9:58 PM
Subject: Re: Tempted by the dark side--help!

> Thanks William and Chris. Now I can safely stay with my Pentaxes.
>
> I'll still try an FG, if say, I find one with 50mm lens for $50 or so,
which
> is not unlikely given the few bargains I've been finding lately.
>
> But you're right Chris, the Nikon FG-20 seems like a Program Plus more or
> less, and if the quality is as bad as Bill says, then I'm not surprised
I've
> seen so few of them for sale.

    The FG has to be the only camera from a major manufacturer that feels as
though it is ready to come apart at any moment, and it's normal. They are
also one of the worst sounding cameras of all time. If you must think of
Nikon, at least make it a respectable camera, like one of their FM or FE
models...:-)

Isaac