-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of John Glover
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2001 5:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Self enabled

The third version, the f/2.8-4.0, is the one I have and it is quite good
lens.  It seems to be very under-rated too from what I've read on Bob
Monahagn's website (http://people.smu.edu/rmonagha/third/cult.html#steve).
I suppose that is because of the variable aperture perhaps. In any event,
there is a good discussion of the Vivitar Series 1's lens and this web site
gives a nice history of them.....Anyone know where I SR1 200/3.0? :)

John