I don't think it is entirely revisionist. You say that the memorial
includes people who died after indendence and after the end of the
raj, so it seems to be entirely fitting to say that they died for
their nation. With a little stretch of the imagination you could also
say that people who died in the WWs did so for their nation. I should
think it would have been changed when they inscribed the names of
people who died in wars following the end of the raj.

It always amazes how little bitterness Indian people seem to have
towards the British. Even though we ruled India for centuries, and did
some unspeakable things, Indians always seem very warm towards us.

Bob

and