I think NATION is a perfectly appropriate change, but revisions can
get troubling.

At services this Yom Kipur, half the congregation had newly revised
prayer books,
and half had the older copies.  The Reform Judaism governing body decided that
the prayers should be gender neutral, so all references to God as
Father, Lord, King, etc.
were expunged.  Half the congregation was reading 'O Lord', the other
half reading
'O sovereign one'.  Sometimes you ought to just let the metafors stand.

Regards,  Bob S.