> From: "Bob W" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2008/10/14 Tue PM 06:50:36 GMT
> To: "'Pentax-Discuss Mail List'" <pdml@pdml.net>
> Subject: RE: OT choo choos
>

> > mmmmm nice.....
> >
> > http://www.wired.com/culture/art/multimedia/2008/10/gallery_trains
> >

> You sound as though you're hosting Jazz Club.
>
> Some very interesting and beautiful trains there. I particularly like
> the crossing guard in the snow.
>
> Here's an interesting and telling comment:
> "The reproduction in this book is really amazing, because there's a
> lot of detail in most of these photographs that I never really
> achieved in my printing process with chemicals. By dodging you can do
> a certain amount, but they were able to process these digitally for
> the printing process, and they got a tremendous amount of detail out
> of them. "

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that the above says more about his darkroom
skills than anything else. What attracted me to this set over many others was
the detail, even in poxy little web images.  They just seem to have better
resolution and tone than the norm.   The fact that the detail was there to be
found in the first place is due to the format the pictures were taken on.  I'm
glad that, ultimately, his photgraphic picture-taking skills were able to be
displayed to their full capacity.

BTW, if anyone is having difficulties with the images due to adverts covering
them, I found that clicking directly on the image thumbnail in the bottom right
makes the ads go away.