> Leica has a DSLR that's larger than the lenses designed to fit it?

If you mean that its format is bigger than its lens's coverage, no.  The
lenses, body, sensor are all part of an integrated system, newly designed,
so nothing has been adapted from any older, different format:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0809/08092301_leica_s2.asp

My point is, that this Leica is a full frame camera in its format.  4/3
cameras are full frame in their format.  It might be argued that an APS
format Pentax or Nikon fitted with a small image circle lens is "full frame"
because that's the way the designer intended it to be, but it's a stretch of
logic I'll admit.  An APS Sony makes for a difficult debate because there
haven't been any small image circle OEM lenses made for it, so it would seem
that they are always shooting less (smaller)than their system's capability.
I don't know if Canon sells small image circle lenses.

Regards, Anthony