On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Dan Scott wrote:

> Bidders Fever is tricky. I bid on a SuperRicohflex once (Tonka "tough" TLR)
> without wanting it or knowing what it was. I keep it around as reminder
> that a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place.
> <g>

My first (or one of my first) eBay purchases was a Super-Multi-Coated Tak
135/3.5.  It's a great lens (one of the most underrated of the
screwmounts, probably, just because it's so common), but I had no idea of
its value.  I was too excited to bother searching completed auctions, so I
wound up getting it for something like $75 or $80 US, when they normally
go for about $50 US or so.  *L*  Anyway, it was a good lens, and I've been
happy with it.

chris