> From: "Bob Sullivan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2008/10/28 Tue PM 02:29:44 GMT
> To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
> Subject: Re: chromes from the thirties and forties
>
> Mike,
>
> I had some of the same feelings about timing.
> Some of those pre-war shots had a number of guys in khaki uniforms.
>
> On a side note, I did some searching thru Cushman's photos at his
> Arboretum shots.
> It will takes some work to find the exact locations and camera angles
> he used, if possible.
> I was out shooting this morning and digital can be more colorful than
> his chromes.

Well, it can be pretty much anything that you want, can't it?  It's my
understanding that the aim with Kodachrome was (is.....) accuracy of colour.
So, properly exposed and processed, the slide should be a close representation
of what you saw.  A bonus was near-archivity (ouch!) although we don't know to
what extent the slides shown have changed from their original state.