Thanks John Francis, Bob W., Dave S., Paul, Bob S., & Anthony. Comments much appreciated. WRT the "motion differential": I think I just got lucky and caught my nephew at a still moment of concentration as he tossed and waited for the tennis racquet to drop, and as for the other kids--well, kids constantly wiggle, and I think what we have here is "kids wiggle blur" :-). I actually really like the tennis ball in the right corner too, Anthony. :-) Anyway, thanks for the kind remarks. Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anthony Farr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Pentax-Discuss Mail List'" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2008 6:28 PM
Subject: RE: PESO Lightroom 2.1 Adjustment Brush

There's an effect in this shot that I really like, and it has brought me
back several times for another viewing. I don't know if it has a name, but it's the 'motion differential' (should we call it 'depth of movement'?)that defines your main subject Akira, frozen in time, from the secondary figures
that have varying degrees of motion blur.  This shot is a prime example of
the phenomenon.

I also like the tonalities that make the figures 'pop', and the composition that seems to hang towards the left, towards where the line is moving. The
lone, abandoned ball on the right is icing on the cake, without which the
empty space would be dead space.

Well captured.

Regards, Anthony