It won't repair the start-up disc. You have to boot from you're original Install disc in order to repair your main hard drive. Unless you thought to store a disc image on one of your externals that you can boot from...

If you use the wrong disc, don't worry - nothing will happen without giving you an option to decline to proceed.

stan