It looks like Pentax, (www.pentaximaging.com) has redesigned their web site. Just a couple of months ago when I last visited the 20-35 was still listed as current, now it's gone. I guess you'll have to look for one used. They show up at www.keh.com fairly regularly.
John Sessoms wrote:
From: Stan Halpin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Pentax FA 20-35. Nice little lens. It's only fault is that the zoom range is not as wide as others you have mentioned. So walk forward or backward a few paces to compensate.

stan

On Nov 13, 2008, at 3:05 PM, John Sessoms wrote:

> I'm becoming quite dissatisfied with my FAJ 18-35. The build > quality just doesn't seem solid. When I use a polarizer, the front > barrel slops around as I'm turning the filter, and it goes out of > focus. It feels very mushy.

I don't think the difference between 18-35 & 20-35 would be that much of a problem.

Availability might be more of a problem. I couldn't find the FA 20-35 listed at KEH, B&H, Adorama or on Ebay. KEH does have the Sigma lens.

I want to continue shooting film as well as digital, and I don't want to have to buy two sets of lenses. Pentax just doesn't seem to offer the lenses I want. They've turned their backs on Pentax film shooters.

But that's ok, because if they won't service the market, someone else will. Sigma seems to be willing to.

Or, eventually I'll be forced to change brands.

You get further with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.
        --Al Capone.