You might find this helpful - it's pricing based on surveys of sales of stock photography. Price is subject to type of use (magazine, book, corporate report), size of the photo used (1/4 page, 1/2 page, etc.) and the publications circulation. This sounds like a magazine, so look under the "Editorial" heading for some help.

http://photographersindex.com/stockprice.htm

-p

Tim Bray wrote:
I got the following email out of the blue:

We are very interested in using the attached picture in the Woman's Day
Special Interest Publication Gardening Deck and Design.

Please send me a high res and low res as well as any billing and credit
information you require!

[It's a picture of a flower from my blog.]  I'm happy, of course,
but... HELP!!!  What do I do?  How much do I ask for?  What do "high
res" and "low res" mean to these people?

Thanks in advance.  -Tim