On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 08:23:11PM -0800, John Poirier wrote:
> I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a "digital Bessaflex".  Cosina has
> already demonstrated their cleverness in reworking basic bodies in
> interesting ways.

  [ . . . ]

> The potential user base of classic lenses would be enormous.

That last sentence is probably the biggest argument against any such thing
(just as in the case of the putative M42 DSLR in the title of this thread).

If the body isn't going to lead to additional sales of lenses (which are
usually significantly more profitable than the body) that means that the
way for the manufacturer to make money is by charging more for the body.
But the more the body costs the fewer people are likely to buy it.