Yep, and one based almost entirely on a camera they'd been building
for decades. It was nothing more than the bog-standard Cosina SLR with
yet another mount slapped on. Same basic body's been made in K, F, OM,
FD, C/Y and possibly MD mounts. Essentially no development cost for a
small profit.

95%+ of the market for M42 lenses today is users who have a non-Nikon
DSLR and want some cheap and good primes. These users aren't going to
buy a M42 specific DSLR since M42 isn't the only mount they're using.

There's very few people who will buy a DSLR for one old mount, no
matter how many lenses are available on the cheap. And of those few,
most of them will want OM, C/Y or SR/MC/MD mount rather than M42
(especially since two of those mounts support M42 adaptors).

-Adam

--
M. Adam Maas
http://www.mawz.ca