On Nov 26, 2008, at 10:26 AM, Mark Roberts wrote:

Doug Franklin wrote:
Maybe Bob W and I could start a crusade to rid the world of those pinheaded little know-it-alls developing web pages out there who set the font sizes in exact numbers of pixels, because, of course, they know exactly how big that will end up on /my/ screen.

Count me in on that crusade!
(All students in my web development course are *required* to specify font sizes in relative measurements, not fixed sizes.)

I'll join you in this crusade as long as you also join me in visiting every eatery and SMASHING the television screens that adorn half the wall space so I can't sit and eat a meal, have a conversation, enjoy a drink without a STUPID pile of television advertising in my face constantly.

I no longer frequent any establishment that does this kind of crap. If there's only one television at a pub, fine ... I pick a seat from which I cannot see it.