And that's a crop lens. So it would be one of the ways of saving $2000
dollars by running in DX crop mode. It sucks at 18mm on FF (Been
there, done that with the Tokina on an F100, it's not anything
approaching a solution for FF use).

Truly good ultra-wide zooms for F mount come down to the 14-24 f2.8
(the king of ultra-wide zoom performance on any mount right now, beats
every prime in its range except the 21 Distagon) at $2k CDN and the
17-35 f2.8 AF-S which gets worse as it gets wider but is extremely
good at 35mm. That's around $1500CDN new if you can actually find one.

-Adam

--
M. Adam Maas
http://www.mawz.ca