Love them both. I spent a lot of time commuting on the subway. I sometimes came close to fisticuffs trying to push my way into the third full E-train in a row that pulled up at Times Square. So an empty car warms my icy old heart:-).
Good work.
Paul
On Nov 29, 2008, at 9:18 PM, Rick Womer wrote:

Gee. The first is more Knarf than Knarf, and the second could be a Knarf except that there aren't any people in it. Confusing.

I like both, Ann.

Ricjk

http://photo.net/photos/RickW

--- On Sat, 11/29/08, ann sanfedele <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: ann sanfedele <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Peso - Passing Courtland Street Station
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Date: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 7:02 PM
I threw this into a DGRIN challenge on smugmug - at least, I
think I did... it was so f'ing confusing I'm not
sure the shot got in... the theme was clarity or
diffusion... guess which one I took :-)

http://annsan.smugmug.com/gallery/6668550_NAGh5/1/426449740_cu6qM/Large

Yesterday, while maniacs were storming Walmart and
trampling clerks (some poor clerk was actually stomped to
death by a mob of bargain seekers! )  I took a very empty
subway train ride downtown to a friend's office near
Wall street and then elsewehre to dinner... at 3:30 in  the
P.m.in New York, there was almost no one on the train...
Before I took the shot, above,  I took this one... yes, I
was the only person in that car of the subway... amazing
considering what day it was.

http://annsan.smugmug.com/gallery/6668550_NAGh5/1/426933954_Pd5km/Large

also interesting (or not) is that the W train is going  to
be removed from the system  - I'm not sure which
"W" will go first, the really famous one or  this
little train.

The w was one of the trains on what we used to call the BMT
- It runs down Broadway underground - The N and R are
to stay in service.  But Courtland street station has not
been reopened since 9/11 - though the station is lit...
I just recently, for the first time, took this line
downtown... I hoped to get a shot of the ghost station... it
didn't quite work
as I thought it would... but I'm kinda pleased with
it... whether I get past the first tier of the dgrin
challenge remains to
be seen -- I really hate the way the forum is set up ...
they have some many bells and whistles it ain't so user
friendly.

comments most definitely appreciated... kinda having a
loney weekend

ann

directly above and follow the directions.