----- Original Message -----
From: LeviL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 12:25 AM
Subject: RE: Airport & Postal Scanners Fogging Film

> > In the U.S., FAA regulation still gives you the right to request hand
> > inspection. The problem is in the rapid turnover of low-wage workers in
> > screening jobs. They often don't know this.

    Just to be nit-picking, I don't believe that it is a "right". The FAA
has guidelines that do allow handchecking, but they are free at any time to
suspend those guidelines. I also believe that it is left to the discretion
of the checker as to if they will allow it or not. My advise is to call
ahead of time and arrange a hand check. Make it as easy as possible for them
and maybe they'll cooperate more...

Isaac