On Thursday, December 13, 2001, at 02:58  PM, Jerome Daryl Coombs-Reyes
wrote:

>  Here's a silly question: Does anyone
> have any opinions/ comments / suggestions/ experiences along these lines
> that may help me remedy this "sharpness problem"?  Thanks a million.

If you drop the 50mm lens on to your driveway about a dozen times from
about five feet up, that sharpness problem will go away.  ;)

Were you shooting flash?  On camera flash combined with a sharp lens can
make people look their very worst.  If your flash has bounce
capabilities, I'd suggest maybe bouncing off of the ceiling (if the
ceiling is low enough) or diffusing the flash in some way.  I'd suggest
trying this before going to an expensive softening filter, because
you'll end up with an image that is still very sharp, but far more
flattering to the subject.

Good luck.

-Aaron