Half stop in only some cases should be quite trivial.  What the correct
exposure is, in some cases, is entirely subjective anyway.

In "center-weighted" meters, there are differences in the area and
shape the meter covers as "center" and the rate of declines of the
intensity.  So two cameras can give different readings.  This is
entirely reasonable.  Even with uniform lighting, such as the center
area of a light box (you put the camera lens down directly on the
light box), the meters can still give different readings, because their
"center" areas are different.  Camera makers sometimes  publish an
"altitude" map for their meters.  Sometimes you see descriptions of
"60/40" or "75/25".  This can be different even from the same
camera manufacterer.

Regards,
Tonghang